Tausi is directly associated with the oriental or Chinese cuisine and is known to provide extra amounts of saltiness to the food. This Asian inspired recipe brings out the oceanic taste of the fish less the smell.
Try this Fish Fillet with Tausi recipe.
Fish Fillet with Tausi recipe
- 1 lb Fish Fillet (tilapia, red snapper, or tuna)
- 4 tbsp Chinese black beans (tausi)
- 1/2 cup Parsley, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup Green onions, chopped
- 1 medium sized Onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 pc egg, beaten
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Put some breading on the fish by dipping it on the beaten egg mixture.
- Place the cornstarch in a clear plastic bag and put-in the fish. Close the container(be sure that there is some air inside) and shake until the cornstarch is evenly distributed on the fish
- Do 1 and 2 twice
- Fry the fish and set aside
- On a separate pan, sauté the onion and put-in the chinese black beans
- Add the green onion and parsley and simmer for 3 minutes
- Add water and let boil
- Put-in the fried fish fillet and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 3
Watch the cooking video