This Fried Chicken Recipe involves coating the chicken with a flavorful breading mixture or batter. The chicken is pan fried or deep fried afterwards. There are no restrictions as to which part of the chicken you wish to use. If you will ask me, I will say chicken wings all the way, but other people love to have some meat — so adding meaty parts, such as breast, is recommended.
There are several ways to fry a chicken; this fried chicken recipe is just one of the hundreds out there. I personally liked this recipe because of its simple flavor and nice texture. The chicken is crispy and tasty on the outside but juicy in the inside.
Another good thing about this fried chicken recipe is the sauce — or gravy — so to speak. You might be used to the ordinary gravy served in fast foods restaurant; this one is different. If you want a better tasting and creamier gravy, you should try our White Gravy Recipe.
Try this Fried Chicken with White Gravy Recipe and let me know what you think.
Fried Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 pieces raw eggs
- 3 cups cooking oil
Watch the cooking video:
- Rub the salt on the chicken (make sure to distribute it evenly on all pieces)
- In a separate container, combine the raw eggs and milk then beat until fully mixed. Set aside for a while.
- In a plastic bag or any container, put-in the flour and ground black pepper and mix both ingredients. Set aside for a while.
- Dip the chicken in the eggs and milk mixture then place in the plastic bag (or container) with flour and ground black pepper. Ensure that the chiocken is coated with enough flour mixture.
- Heat the pan and pour the oil. When the oil is hot enough, put-in the chicken and fry both sides until in medium heat until cooked
Number of servings (yield): 6
White Gravy Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan then gradually add the flour while stirring
- Pour the fresh milk and mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken stock and stir mixture continuously until texture becomes thick.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.