Chocolate Crinkles are soft and fudgy chocolate cookies enclosed in confectioners or powdered sugar. A perfect holiday treat : these delightful cookies (baked with lots of love) are good christmas presents for friends or even a luscious christmas dessert to share with the entire family.
It’s good to save some time and money this holiday season. Instead of buying desserts and pastries from the bakeshop, why not make your own? Have you finalized your Noche Buena dessert menu yet? Maybe you can include this in your list along with our Crema de Fruta, Leche Flan, and Maja Blanca.
Try this Chocolate Crinkles recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 pieces raw eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- ⅔ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Cream the butter in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer
- Whisk the granulated sugar in and continue mixing for 2 minutes
- Add the cocoa powder and melted chocolate then mix again for a minute
- Put-in the eggs and vanilla essence then continue to mix until the texture becomes fluffy.
- Add-in the flour, salt, and baking powder then mix again until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Cover the mixing bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours
- Remove the cover and scoop the mixture using ½ tbsp measuring spoon
- Roll the mixture using your palms until the shape becomes spherical
- Roll the chocolate balls over confectioners sugar until fully covered
- Arrange on a baking tray with wax paper (each ball should be 2-3 inches apart)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the chocolate balls for 10 to 12 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool down
- Arrange in a serving platter then serve. Share and enjoy!