Baked Pork Chops with Italian Seasoning sounds like a complicated dish – but it is not. This is one of my favorite easy pork chop recipes that I usually make for dinner. I like this dish because preparation doesn’t take a lot of effort and it tastes good too.
Although pork chops are required in this recipe, you may use other pig parts such as loin and ham provided that they are thinly sliced; you may also try this recipe using boneless chicken breasts.
The ingredients required in this recipe are pretty basic. However, some might not be familiar with the Italian seasoning – allow me to give you a little information about it. Italian seasoning is a consolidation of dried herbs that includes rosemary, thyme, oregano, sage, basil, red pepper, and marjoram. It is usually packaged in small shakers and can be found in the spices section of your favorite grocery store.
I won’t put more words to this dish and to our other recipes; let’s just have all our easy pork chop recipes speak for themselves. Of course, your feedback will be highly appreciated. Let me know what you think.
Easy Pork Chop Recipes:
Baked Pork Chops with Italian Seasoning
- 2 lbs pork chops (about 3 to 4 pieces)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Rub salt and pepper on the pork chops.You need to sprinkle salt and pepper on one side of the pork chop then rub it on the whole surface. Make sure to distribute the salt and pepper evenly on the side where you are rubbing. After completely rubbing the first side, flip the pork chop over then do the same process on the other side.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning and let stand for 30 minutes. Sprinkle or dash the Italian seasoning on top of the pork chops; makes sure to cover both sides. Set the pork chops aside for at least 30 minutes so that the seasonings can penetrate to the meat. This adds more flavor and aroma.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Similar to what we do in baking breads, the oven needs to be preheated at least 10 minutes before baking. This ensures that the oven is hot enough before the meat is placed. In addition, this also assures us that the meat is properly cooked based on the baking time indicated. You see, there is a big possibility of having the meat undercooked if the timer is started while the desired oven temperature has not been reached yet.
- Place the pork chops in a roasting pan with rack and bake for 45 minutes. Putting the meat in a roasting pan with rack while baking is highly recommended. The rack plays an important role in preserving the inner juices of the meat because heat is transferred through convection (placing the meat on a flat metal tray can possibly burn the meat and release its juices).This also allows excess fats to drip in the roasting pan leaving you a healthier meal. You might need to flip the meat in the middle of the process so that both sides are consistent.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with your favorite sauce on the side. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6