Special Siopao Sauce Recipe

Ever since we featured Siopao Asado here in our Filipino Food Blog, we have been receiving a lot of inquiries and requests for the Special Siopao Sauce that should go with it. Based on my replies on your comments, this Siopao sauce recipe should be released along with the Siopao Bola-Bola video (which I plan to feature soon) – but I’ve decided to publish this recipe ahead because more requests on this are coming in on a regular basis.

You should keep in mind that sauces should be stored inside the fridge to increase its shelf life. This special siopao sauce is no exception. You can refrigerate this for a couple of days for maximum freshness.

We appreciate all your comments and emails. We will continue to work hard and do our best to be able to deliver your requested Filipino Recipes.

Try this delicious Panlasang Pinoy Siopao Sauce for your Siopao Asado and let me know what you think.

Siopao Sauce

Special Siopao Sauce Recipe

• 2 cups beef stock or broth
  • 1 piece star anise or 1/2 teaspoon five spice powder
  • 2 tablespoon cornstarch diluted in 4 tablespoons of water
  • 1/4 cup onions, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • A dash of ground black pepper
  • 4 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon salt

1. Heat the saucepan and pour-in the beef stock. Bring to a boil.
  2. Add the onions, garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt, ground black pepper, and star anise then simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Make sure to cover the saucepan to trap the steam. Add extra water as needed.
  3. Turn of the heat then filter the liquid using a fine-mesh kitchen strainer. This is done by pouring the simmered mixture on a strainer with an empty bowl below to hold the liquid.
  4. Heat a clean saucepan and pour-in the filtered mixture. Bring to a boil.
  5. Add the cornstarch diluted in water then stir continuously until the texture becomes thick.
  6. Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool down then transfer the Siopao sauce to a serving container.

Comments

1. marie says

thanks a lot !!!
    mlaking tulong itong website mo sa mga katulad namin nasa ibang bansa.

2. maricar Gumba says

hello po… thanks po sa recipe ha.. malaking tulong po ito para sa tinda kung siopao hahahaha.. more power and God Bless

3. daph says

I made siopao last night according to Panlasang Pinoy… I can’t make my dough white… I tried putting vinegar in the water for steaming, still won’t work… I really like my siopao white coz it looks tastier… Please give me some tips…

4. MommyJ says

Hi Vanjo! thank you for sharing tons of recipe…I can’t comment on the siopao,just want to ask instead of using pork in the siopao can I used chicken on it? pls reply when you can … thank you

5. Malou Latiza says

Hello,I would Like to thank you,From the bottom of my heart,to set up The Panlasang pinoy website….it really help me alot to cooked all my favorite meals..since i was a kid…i hope 1 day i can share my Australian recipes to all the Pinoy and Pinoy who’s using this Site….Thank you once again,and god bless you and your family…

6. maria cristina says

many,many thanks sa lahat ng recipes ninyo.malaki po itong tulong sa amin na nandito sa ibang bansa (uae). gud luck po n GOD BLESS!!!!

7. sheila says

how do they make the siopao white?ive seen siopao that they sell so white,and i cant seem to make mine as white?thanks for the recipes….salute to the site!!!!

8. Dulz says

Hi Kuya Vanjo,

Just wanna ask if where can I get that worcestershire sauce because this will be my first using it if I’ll make this siopao sauce? Or is there any alternative to that? About the pork in making siopao, is it ok if I use ground pork? I need your answer please, Thanks. More power and God Bless.

9. Lorenz says

Sir Vanjo, when will be the Siopao Bola-Bola coming?
    Pasensya na po, excited po kami sa recipe nyo na yun.

10. chris_trey says

hi! thank you for finally featuring the siopao sauce, i’ve been waiting this for a long time….. More power to your site & God bless!

11. Christine Oconer says

hi…can you also give us the recipe of the fresh lumpia sauce?…thanks…

12. Mae says

Hello, thank you very much sa pagpost mo ng siopao sauce, again many many thanks to you…May God bless you always…..

13. thelma says

please do your video in english just so my foring-ger prends can follow the instructions.

thanks lots.