Brownies or Chocolate Brownies refers to slices of flat baked dense chocolate cake. These are usually sliced in squares although some like it in bars. Brownies come in several forms. What we have here are fudgy brownies with walnuts. Personally, I prefer fudgy or moist brownies over the dry ones because I can enjoy the taste right after the first bite. Also, I can eat this anywhere without having a dry feeling in my mouth.
The walnuts are added to provide extra flavor and texture. The taste of plain brownies tends to be ordinary after having it for a while; adding chopped walnuts makes the flavor rich and interesting. I understand that this ingredient is not readily available in some places. If in case you cannot grab some walnuts, try using pecans, peanuts, or cashews.
Try this Brownies with Walnuts recipe.
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons coffee
- 2 pieces raw eggs
- Melt the chocolate chunks by placing the bowl over a saucepan with boiling water.
- Whisk the eggs then gradually add the granulated sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- Whisk-in the softened butter then continue mixing.
- Add the melted chocolate then mix again.
- Put-in the baking powder and salt then mix until fully distributed.
- Gradually add the flour while mixing.
- Pour-in the vanilla extract and coffee then mix until every ingredient is well incorporated.
- Fold-in the chopped walnuts. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour the chocolate mixture on a 9 x 13 greased baking pan then bake for 19 to 22 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Remove from the oven and allow the temperature to cool down.
- Slice and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!