Shared Recipe. Roast Chicken

John H. of Levittown, PA shares to us his Roast Chicken recipe. He is a Filipino-American working in the medical field. He loves to eat healthy foods and here is one of his favorite healthy chicken recipes.

He writes:

I love to eat chicken but I don’t have the energy to do some fancy stuff on it. I only cook after my shift and this is often for dinner which is also my lunch for the next day. This Roast Chicken recipe is my favorite because it is simple yet flavorful. I also like this recipe because it gives me time to relax while cooking. All I do is sit on the couch until the timer sounds.

Roasted Chicken

You will need the following:

1 whole chicken

Freshly ground black pepper

1 large lemon

6 cloves garlic

Sea salt

Fresh thyme

Olive oil

Procedure:

1 – Clean the chicken and pat dry. Rub salt and pepper.

2 – Boil water and add salt, whole lemon, and garlic. Set aside the lemon and garlic.

3 – Pull the chicken breast skin and pour a little olive oil between skin and breast.

4 – Get the lemon and pierce for the juice to have an outlet.

5 – Place the lemon, garlic, and thyme inside the cavity of the chicken

6 – Get a roasting pan and place the chicken in. Roast for 1 hour and 20 minutes at 350F.

7 – Serve. Store the leftovers in the fridge so that you can make some healthy chicken salad for tomorrow.

Comments

1. yeah wats d use of boiled water, rock salt, lemon & garlic?? should i include the chicken while the water is boiling?

2. vikki vargas says:

is it possible if i’ll cook it in a turbo instead of oven? how many minutes?

3. Winnie Fish says:

tried this recipe…… it was yummy and very easy….. rubbed olive oil first then salt n pepper….. thank you for sharing this recipe John H. of Levittown and thanks a lot Vanjo……

4. geo&mimi says:

so nice this roasted chicken.deliciousness…

5. sir video naman ng roested chicken!!!!!

6. syril r. espina says:

hi… may i know whats the use of the boil water, salt whole lemon and garlic? kasi hindi detalyado sa procedure…. tnx.

• syril, I’m sure that the sender of this recipe will read your comment. Let’s wait for his reply since I can’t really speak in his behalf.

7. adspie says:

Hello kabayn, wala bang video nito pkung pano lulutuin?

8. Winnie Fish says:

how much water do I need to boil salt, lemon & garlic…… Can I just use iodized salt instead of sea salt?

9. gemlie says:

May I know why there’s no video with this Roasted Chicken Recipe????coz i realy love to try it..with many thanks..

10. I like roasted chicken too, coz it’s so easy to cook. May i know what is the purpose of boiling water w/ salt, lemon and garlic?. I want to try this recipe too.
    thanks.