Peeling peaches using a paring knife or peeler can be complicated and could end-up in a mess. Peaches are delicate fruits and peeling ripe ones require a proven technique to maintain the shape and quality of the fruit.
Remember the technique that we apply to cook vegetables while maintaining their crisp and color? It is called blanching. This is done by cooking fruits or vegetables in boiling water for a few seconds to a minute then soaking them right away in ice cold water. Using this technique will enable you to peel peaches easily without creating any mess.
Here is how it is done:
1. Boil water in a saucepan or cooking pot.
2. Put-in the peach and turn off the heat right away. Leave the peach for 40 to 50 seconds.
3. While the peach is soaked in hot water, combine cold water and ice in a large bowl. Transfer the peach from the saucepan to the bowl with ice cold water and leave it there for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Dry the peach and make an incision using a knife.
5. Peel of the skin starting at the incision using your fingers.
Pretty simple isn’t it? You should be able to enjoy your peaches without any hassle.
Do you have other food related tips to share? Be heard by commenting below.