Chicken Noodle Soup is a popular soup that is believed to have anti-inflammatory effects that can temporarily relieve illness. This soup is simply made-up of chicken meat, chicken stock or broth, wide egg noodles, vegetables, and spices.
There are several ways to prepare this soup dish. One of the earliest methods makes use of a whole dressed chicken. The chicken is boiled in several cups of water to extract juices that will make-up the broth. Bones are then removed from the boiled chicken while the meat is chopped to attain a uniform size and placed back in the cooking pot for further cooking. The method that we’ll be using here is more practical than the conventional style because this will save you more time and effort. Instead of starting from scratch, chopped deboned chicken and pre-packed chicken stock will be used; this saves time in boiling and deboning.
I enjoy having Chicken Noodle Soup during cold weather: it makes me feel warm and somewhat relieves the stress that builds up from a whole days work. After finishing a bowl of this healing soup, I always feel relaxed and recharged.
Do you like having Chicken Noodle Soup? What positive effects have you experienced after having this delightful soup?
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 3 cups chicken; deboned and diced
- 2 cups wide egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 10 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch combined with 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in the chicken stock, water, and vegetable oil. Bring to a boil.
- Put-in the chicken and salt then simmer for 40 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Add celery, onions, and carrots then simmer for 12 minutes
- Put-in the wide egg noodles and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Pour-in the cornstarch and water mixture then stir thoroughly (this will thicken the texture of the soup)
- Sprinkle minced parsley on top.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4