Crispy Potato wedges are baked or deep-fried slices of potatoes that were seasoned with salt, pepper, and other spices. This is a popular bar food and side dish. It is best eaten when dipped in condiments such as ketchup, ranch dressing, or barbeque sauce.
I like having this as a side dish for the KFC Fried Chicken original recipe with the KFC gravy as my dipping sauce. It also works well as a side for barbequed pulled pork or beef brisket sandwich. In addition, this also makes a great game day food. You can enjoy watching your favorite team play while munching on these jojos. I think that it is a perfect snack and side dish idea especially when satisfaction and costs are concerned.
Try this Crispy Potato Wedges Recipe and let me know what you think.
Crispy Potato Wedges Recipe
- 6 medium-sized unpeeled baking potatoes, cleaned
- 2 pieces raw eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Cooking oil spray
- Slice the potatoes into wedges. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, seasoned salt, and ground black pepper in a freezer bag then shake to mix the ingredients.
- Dip the potato wedges in beaten egg then place 5 to 8 pieces at a time in the freezer bag with the dry ingredient combination and shake until all wedges are evenly coated.
- Arrange the coated wedges in a baking sheet then apply a little spray of cooking oil on each piece.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the color turns golden brown. Deep-frying is another option.
- Turn the oven off and remove the baked wedges.
- Transfer to a serving plate then serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6