Kabsa (Kabseh) is an Arabic staple dish. This can be cooked in different ways using different kinds of meat; chicken, lamb, camel, and goat meats are regularly used.
2 kilos chicken (4 lbs), cut into serving pieces
8 cups basmati rice
1 head garlic, chopped
7 pieces medium onions, diced
10 pieces tomatoes, diced
2 pieces chicken bouillon
7 long green chili (siling pansigang)
1 stick butter, divided into 4 pieces
2 medium carrots, sliced (for garnish)
Parsley (for garnish)
4 pieces hard-boiled eggs, sliced
3 tablespoons chicken masala seasoning
2 pieces eggplants, sliced and fried
4 tablespoons biryani masala seasoning
7 slices dried lemon (this is available in Indian stores)
5 to 6 cups water
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons cooking oil
1. In a heated pan, pour the cooking oil and allow to heat-up
2. Sauté the garlic and onions
3. Add the tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add chicken boullion and chicken then cook for 15 minutes.
5. Add the chicken massala and biryani massala; stir and simmer for 10 minutes
6. Add dried lemon, salt, and pepper.
7. Add rice and mix; pour water and stir. Cover and cook for 40 minutes.
8. Top with butter and long green chilies then cover and let residual heat cook the chili.
9. Garnish with carrots, hard-boiled eggs, fried eggplants, and parsley.
Peapod Online Grocery Shopping and Delivery
10/06/2010 by Leave a Comment
Download a FREE copy of the Panlasang Pinoy eCookbook Volume 1. Register now!
- How to Make Carbonara Sauce
- How to Bake Sweet Potatoes
- How to Make Bilo-bilo
- How to Make Bread Pudding
- How to Make Simple Onion Rings
- 7 Healthy Recipes for Diabetics
- Does Eating Sweet Potato Make You Fart?
- Best foods for gallstones
- Healthy Breakfast Foods for Kids
- High Protein Foods That Build Muscles