This is a shared recipe by Jocelyn P. This recipe was her entry to the Panlasang Pinoy Recipe Contest . Do you want to earn extra bucks for your recipe?
I missed my mom’s chicken curry and one day I tried to cook and searched for the recipe of chicken curry in the net (I forgot the site) but I modified it to suit my taste and husband’s taste because we are not really into spicy foods. This recipe is also good for children’s taste because the taste is not that strong. Since I am cooking just for me and my husband my recipe is only food for 2-3 persons. Just adjust the portions/ingredients depending on how many servings you want to make.
2 chicken breasts cut into serving portions
1 white onion chopped
1 large potato diced
1 small carrot sliced
1/4 cabbage cut into 1/2 inch thick
1 tbsp yellow curry powder (you can add more if you want it spicy)
1 can coconut milk (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 cup chicken broth
2-3 tbsp calamansi juice
1/4 brown sugar
1-2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1. Heat oil in the casserole over medium heat.
2. Sauté onion until transparent.
3. Add in the chicken until the juice runs clear.
4. Add in the curry powder and mix until equally distributed to the chicken. Then add the coconut milk and the broth. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Add the calamansi juice, carrots, potatoes and sugar. Mix well. Let it simmer until the vegetables are tender about 10-15 minutes.
6. Add the cabbage and simmer for 5 more minutes. Add salt and pepper.
7. Serve with hot steamed rice.
Reliable WordPress Hosting (Free Domain and Setup)
Want to create a blog? Click here to view my tutorial on how to start your own blog