Here is a low calorie high protein grilled chicken and spinach salad that might catch your interest. I was craving for Angus burger and pulled pork sandwich a while back. I thought that giving-in to my carvings will do more harm than good, so I decided to make a great tasting dinner that I will not regret in the future.
How about low-calorie chicken meal with vegetables? I thought that it was a good combination, so I immediately got all the ingredients that I can find to make this Grilled Chicken and Spinach Salad. Besides tasting good, this recipe is healthy and fit for people with weight loss goals.
Skinned chicken breast is a good source of protein. It should have a low fat content as long as the skin is not there and side fats are trimmed before cooking.
Baby spinach, on the other hand, is rich in anti oxidants and a good source of folic acid. It can also supply us with other important vitamins and minerals that are necessary to achieve good health.
Try this Grilled Chicken and Spinach Salad and send us your feedback.
- 2 cups baby spinach, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces boneless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine baby spinach, parmesan cheese, and 1 tablespoon olive oil then toss.
- Arrange spinach in a serving plate. Set aside.
- Season chicken with thyme, salt, and ground black pepper. Let stand for at least 30 minutes
- Grill the chicken for 5 minutes per side.
- While grilling, pour remaining olive oil in a pan and caramelize the onion. Set aside.
- Arrange the grilled chicken strips over the spinach and top with caramelized onions.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!