Which Do You Prefer: Jollibee Chickenjoy or Mang Inasal’s Chicken Inasal?

Jollibee and Mang Inasal are well known fast food chains in the Philippines. Jollibee is the largest Fast Food chain in the country which is famous for its Fried Chicken Recipe: Chickenjoy. On the other hand, Mang Inasal is a fast growing food chain that originated in Iloilo. Its version of the Chicken Barbeque which is known as Chicken Inasal has captured the interest of the nation. The tasty barbequed chicken and unlimited rice makes their restaurants crowded all the time.

These Chicken Recipes are entirely different, but both are the best in their categories (in my opinion). I am a Chickenjoy fan since I was a child, but Chicken Inasal got my full attention after trying a meal. It is really hard to decide especially that we are comparing apples to oranges here – but only one should stand out.

If you are afraid that Jollibee will not give you a high five on your next visit because you chose the other, don’t worry. They are now the majority stock holder of Mang Inasal. Jollibee Foods Corporation (JFC) bought 70% of Mang Inasal from Injap Investments.

Still can’t decide? How about comparing the price? A piece of Chickenjoy with rice and a drink costs Php 92.40 (2 pieces Chickenjoy with rice and a drink costs Php 141.9). Mang Inasals Pecho with unlimited rice (PM2) costs Php 99.00.

Which Do You Prefer: Jollibee Chickenjoy or Mang Inasal’s Chicken Inasal? I know that both are good, but you only need to pick one.

The #1 WordPress Webhosting Provider

Comments

1. Mary Ann Evalo says:

I want a free panlasang pinoy cookbook volume1…tnx

2. Jean french* says:

mananit sila pareho…hinahanap hanap ko at laging unang kinakain pagdating ng ILOILO…pero syempre mas Ilonggo taste ko ;)))

3. janee ane says:

i prefered haim chicken inato in puerto princesa province of palawan the best:)

4. Well if you go for Filipino Fried Chicken if you go for crispiest and juciest Chicken Joy, but if you want barbeque and plus unlimited rice and soup you go to Mang Inasal.

5. cristina rose says:

i choose mang inasal,coz the food is not just the best but also their service,sobrang aasikasuhin ka..=)

6. sharmain says:

you’r right.mang inasal is so yummy :)

7. did you know that burned meat from grilled foods can cause colon cancer while excess fats from fried dishes can lead to stroke and heart attack?

choose wisely…;)

8. sa panahon ngayon kailangan magtipid, mang inasal yung pasok sa budget ko..

9. i choose MANG INASAL,healthier than jollibee b’coz its grilled and very cheap b’coz its 99php only and its rice unlimited.

10. carla grace says:

both are my faves but each has its pros and cons… however, i prefer the chicken from mang inasal but i really really really love the gravy from the chicken joy…. ^_^

11. the kids love Jollibee… if mom has to choose I go for chicken inasal much healtheir ang grilled keysa fried.

12. rochelle says:

I like Chickenjoy better. It’s just exceptionally good.

13. Windsor Spitfire says:

mang inasal the best?! try niyo ang Bacolod Chicken Inasal, yan ang original. (hindi ang store na makikita niyo diyan sa Manila), hindi yan authentic. punta kayo ng Bacolod, sa may Manokan Country.

• rochelle says:

I do agree with you there. I’ve been in Bacolod once and the chicken inasal is really good. One chicken thigh is just not enough.

Bacolod Chicken Inasal vs. Jollibee= both are good, I don’t think I could chose on which one is better. But Mang Inasal vs. Jollibee, I think Jollibee is definitely better. :D

14. a whole new world says:

what? u mean prefer not prepared. tagalugin na lang kasi. tsk..tsk…tsk..

15. Lorena says:

I want Jollibee! old time favorite! yumyum.. :)

16. i prefer mang inasal chicken, unlimited rice pa..

17. ako ? depende yn s mood ko eh.. sk depende din s tao s loob ng fast fud. eh kng san mejo makakapasok ka at may mauupuan eh dun ka! hehe..
    eh s totoo lng.. parehas lng yn chicken ! ngek !!

18. yeah, nobody can beat Chickenjoy.. I LOVE it.. ^^ Pinoys Love it.. so..

19. MCDO

20. Pecho Pak and Mang Inasal! Both are Iloilo’s finest chicken inasal restos. But I think mas sikat lang ang Mang Inasal because of the fact that JFC bought it. But Iloilo has great delicious foods anywhere you go, that’s why can’t wait to go back home. Makakain lang ulit ng mga favorite foods ko.:)

21. I say I love them both but the best is Mang Inasal. I like their chicken and the soup. (They serve it either sinigang or beef soup.) And its cheap! If you think about it, it has unlimited rice unlike Jolibee you need to buy extra rice. It’s worth it.

22. LUZ MCCANN says:

i will choose CHICKEN INASAL , i love grilled chicken coz i miss that in phil.,im fed up eating fried chicken ,coz we always order popeyes its kinda the same like jolibee .

23. lhenpet says:

…jOllibee po heheee..isa pa isa pang chicken joy..
    yummy tlaga..

24. mang inasal inasal-anytime of the day!

25. Lovely Ellington says:

reading all the comments makes me salivate, sayang walang Jollibee dito sa Seattle. Chicken joy asan ka na?!

26. I love Jollibee’s chicken joy, until I tried Mang Inasal’s BBQ Chicken. With the latter, you really get more value for your money. You are served with a cup of hot soup within minutes of sitting down at your table, you have unlimited rice as part of the meal, plus because it’s grilled and not fried, so you are helping yourself stay clear from all the unwelcome fats.

27. jollibee… take out ako tapos kain sa bahay para maraming rice with matching coke litro… hehe mas chipper. seriously I go for chicken joy even though fried xa di naman oily pati di naman araw2x kinakain

28. With regards to prices sa akin Jollibee Chicken Joy pa rin. Actually Mang Inasal With unlimited rice has no drink that will cost you more thant Chicken Joy with drink.

29. i love jolibee chickenjoy, besides, its the favorite of my grand daughter!!!

30. ness rañada says:

i like mang inasal chihen….it’s healthier…

31. louie says:

jollibee fried chicken. they are crispy on the outside but juicy in the inside. definitely delicious

32. I do not know I never tried neither one of them. What is your recomendation.

33. everytym we go out with my husband and my in-laws,we prefer jollibee…
    chicken joy is our favorite meal,,yummyyyy…!!!with matching choco sundae..
    kahit araw-arawin d p rin kmi nagsasawa…!!!!

34. shirley says:

either.. mang inasal is now owned by jollibee… =)

35. Hi for Healthy reasons both won’t pass to me, but if there’s nothing to eat, I will choose Mang Inasal, Why? because Jolibee Fried Chicken is cooked fried, not good for anyone!

36. Elaine says:

I always prefer to eat natural and healthy foods so for me Mang Inasal is better. I also don’t appreciate much sauces, gravies, dips etc.

37. legriff says:

chicken joy is better, not just because of the taste but more of the childhood memories it brings back..naks! but we also enjoy chicken inasal for a more native taste.

38. I haven’t tasted either of them but looking at the picture featured online and the price as well, I think I will go for the Mang Inasal.

39. Jollibee Chickenjoy!!! Mang Inasal does give great value for money, but as for taste – you can’t beat Bacolod;s Chicken House, Chicken Deli or Aida;s at Manokan Country!

40. Both have a distinctive taste – i prefer on grilled cooking (Mang Inasal) than an oily cooked (Jolibee)…

41. Mang Inasal for me is better. Specially with the unli rice then the tasty vinegar calamansi soysauce dip..super yummy… wonder now that Jolibee owns Mang Inasal (70%) if Mang Inasal will be available here in the US like Jolibee.. cant wait!

42. Rowena says:

Mang inasal is good

43. JT’s Chicken Inasal. ay hindi pala siya kasama dito hehehe…. Jollibee po Panlasang Pinoy

44. Elaine says:

I like Mang Inasal better. Worth the money..

45. i like them both.. can’t really decide..sometimes i crave for the chicken joy and sometimes i crave for mang inasal.. they are both my favorite back in pinas..

46. dreannut_virus says:

hi everyone…

thanks for putting up this topic on the net. well, most of us really prefer jollibee. jollibee has been in the businees for so long and they have adjusted thru time and demand. but most of my replatives has been taking about this mang inasal and they been crazy about it(LOL). well i haven’t tried it myself since i’m in abroad for a couple of years…well, i guess i tried it myself.

there’s another thing i would like to share to everyone… i guess the world needs to know about this… i am working in Dubai and for those OFW’s working here, i hope you don’t experience this.

In Dubai, there is a branch (well, i guess it’s a branch of it coz it bares the logo and name) of JOLLIBEE which is tied up with round table pizza. well, i guess it’s really a part of Jollibee… As a long time fan and a former service crew of Jollibee, i was excited to have a meal of chicken joy with gravy….but i was frustrated….it’s not chicken joy that we use to have in Philippines…. the taste is so different…and the service???? it’s so bad. well, maybe i was just expecting they way we have back in Philippines but most of the service crew are Filipinos and they don’t have the warmth welcome of a jollibee crew…it’s so bad…..

anyway, this things aren’t very important but i just want the world to know…and jollibee dubai… i hope you’ll improve your services….you have brought shame to the company’s name.

47. I will go for the bbq chicken with Mg Inasal…maski I have not tasted it…coz i think it’s less fat…coz it’s not deep fried…sorry chicken joy

48. Joyce says:

I lab u sabado pati na rin linggo, antay ka lang Jollibee, after 8 years nandyan na ako. Panlasang Pilipino pati na rin Panlasang Pinoy, at home sa Jollibee hehehe :)

49. ill go for mang inasal.taga iloilo ako eh.hehe..jolibee now owned 70 percent of mang inasal baka later own meron ng inasal na chicken joy.hehe…

50. magtetake out aq sa jollibee, tapos punta kaming mang inasal dun kami mag dine in, para unli ang rice. oha!

51. Virgie says:

Nobody beats chickenjoy, tapos papaliguan ng gravy, with extra rice..fantastic!

52. Agaton Diwa says:

Isa pa, Isa pa, Isa pang Chicken Joy. Nasa commercial ako dati nung Chickenjoy…ako si Jollibee. Syempre loyal tayo, Chickenjoy is the best!!!

53. Kerrie says:

OMG ang mahal na ng Chickenjoy? I vote for Chickenjoy and… Andok’s– they had the best gravy.

54. Stephanie Kim says:

I definitely like Mang Inasal’s Chicken Barbeque. Delicious!