Presenting this oh so delicious Adobo Steak Recipe from my test kitchen.
Several Adobo Steak recipes are readily available around. However, this recipe is very different because there is a Filipino Adobo touch in it. I’m pretty sure that you will like this.
I have some recommendations though, so that you can enjoy the same dish as we did. Number one, use the most tender part of the beef for this recipe. Beef tenderloin is the most recommended part, but you can also use beef sirloin if it is not available. Number two, do not use other types of vinegar other than red wine vinegar. This vinegar has a unique flavor that brings out the best in this dish.Lastly, try not to over eat.
Enjoy your meal!
Adobo Steak Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs beef tenderloin
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a cooking pot then pour-in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Put-in the beef and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour-in soy sauce and water then allow to boil. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Note: Add more water if the mixture dries-up.
- Put-in the honey and red wine vinegar and allow to boil. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn-off heat and set aside.
- Heat a wok and pour-in remaining olive oil.
- Put-in bell pepper and onion then cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked beef tenderloin, salt, and pepper then stir. Cook for a minute more.
- Transfer to a serving plate then serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6