This tuna pasta recipe is quick and easy to prepare. All you need to do is mix the ingredients and then bake. Most of the ingredients for this recipe are common. You can easily find them in your favorite grocery.
I like this dish because it is rich and creamy. The flavor of tuna blends well with the other ingredients. I also like the crunch that the french fried onion brings.
I’m not sure if you are a fan of french fried onions. If you want a crunchy texture without using french fried onions, potato chips is the best alternative.
Enjoy your meal!
Try this Tuna Casserole recipe and let us know what you think.
Tuna Casserole Recipe
- 1 pack (12 ounces) gemelli or any short-cut noodles, cooked
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 cups fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup french fried onions, crushed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- 2 cans (11 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Watch the cooking video:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine noodles, tuna, green peas, onion, and mushrooms in a large mixing bowl. Mix well
- Sprinkle salt, pour-in condensed cream of mushroom soup, and add 1 cup cheese.
- Toss until all the ingredients are properly distributed.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and top with crushed french fried onions and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6