This Linguine with Mussels recipe is a awesome. It is easy to prepare, budget friendly, and delicious.
This recipe calls for white wine. It puts more aroma and boosts the overall taste of the dish. I used chardonnay, but you can avail of any type of white wine that you desire.
If you want a low fat and low cholesterol version of this recipe, try to use olive oil instead of butter.
Try this superb pasta recipe and let me know what you think.
Linguine with Mussels Recipe
- 2 lbs mussels, cleaned
- 1/2 lb linguine,cooked according to package instructions
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespooms butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Watch the cooking video:
- Melt butter in a large pan.
- Saute onions and garlic
- pour-in white wine and let boil.
- Add mussels, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir gently and simmer for 4 to 7 minutes.
- Gradually add the linguine while stirring. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic bread.
- Share and enjoy
Number of servings (yield): 6