Agar-agar, a gelatin like substance, is traditionally used to make this dessert dish. Having the same properties as jelly, this ingredient can be used to make any gelatin recipes. In the Philippines, agar is sometimes used to make a refreshment called gulaman.
Did you know that agar has high fiber content? This can help regulate digestion and can promote weight loss gradually. This ingredient is also vegan in nature.
Do you enjoy gelatin recipes for their texture and consistency? If you do, I’m sure that you will find this recipe appealing.
Try this dessert and let me know what you think.
Almond Jelly with Fruit Cocktail Recipe
- 4 1/2 ounces agar powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh milk
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 can (30 ounces) fruit cocktail
Watch the cooking video:
- Combine milk and agar powder. Stir
- Add almond extract and mix well. Set aside.
- Boil water and put-in sugar. Stir until well dissolved.
- Pour-in the agar and milk mixture and let boil while gently stirring.
- Let the temperature cool down then transfer to a shallow contaner.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Slice the jelly into squares and mix with the fruit cocktail.
- Serve for dessert. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6