This dish is simple, but not ordinary. I liked the collaboration of flavors, especially the kick from the chipotle pepper. By the way, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce can be purchased in Mexican groceries. These are usually packaged in 2 to 4 ounces cans. If this is not available, try adding hot sauce like Sriracha.
Are you a fan of Spaghetti? What is your favorite version?
Try this Chicken Spaghetti Recipe and let me know what you think.
Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 lb chicken, cleaned
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- 4 to 5 cups water
- 1/2 to 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour water in a cooking pot. Let boil.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. Let the temperature cool down a little bit, and then shred the meat. Discard the bones.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Sauté onion and add the shredded chicken.
- Put-in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, and chipotle pepper in adobo sauce. Let boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add basil, dried parsley, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Arrange spaghetti noodles in individual plates and pour the sauce over. Top shredded cheese.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6