This Stuffed Mushroom Recipe makes a great appetizer. I make use of medium to large white mushroom for this recipe, which takes about 2 to 3 bites to finish. However, smaller mushrooms can also be used depending on your preference.
I like mushrooms, whether cooked or raw. There is this unique flavor that I enjoy. Besides that, there are many good mushroom recipes that we can try, including recipes for a rich and creamy mushroom appetizer. This recipe is a good example on how mushrooms can be made into a delicious finger food that can be paired with cocktails or eaten as you desire. I tried having this with soda crackers; I thought that it was a good combination.
Before I forget, make sure that you clean the mushroom first before cooking them. You can do this by wiping a damp paper towel to each piece. The stems also need to be removed (we will still use it in this recipe). This is done by gently moving the stem in a circular motion until it detaches from the cap.
Try this Stuffed Mushroom Recipe and let me know what you think.
Stuffed Mushroom Recipe
- 15 pieces medium to large fresh mushrooms (white or crimini), cleaned and stems removed
- Mushroom stems, minced
- 8 ounces plain cream cheese
- 3 teaspoons garlic. minced finely
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 slice of bread
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan.
- Put-in minced mushroom stems, followed by minced garlic. Cook in low heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, put-in cooked garlic and mushrooms. Add-in the cream cheese, pepper, Parmesan cheese, chili powder, and basil. Mix well.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture. Arrange in a baking pan.
- Place the slice of bread in food processor, and then grind. Combine with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Top over the stuffed mushroom.
- Bake for 14 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6