Beer Battered Fish are fish fillets coated in fish batter and deep fried until golden brown. I used tilapia fillets for this recipe, but you can always use other fish varieties. The reason why I chose tilapia has something to do with availability and cost.
The fish batter recipe uses beer as its main ingredient. It gives the batter a nice flavor. Serve this with some homemade French fries or potato chips for you to have your own homemade version of the Fish and Chips.
Try this Beer Battered Fish Recipe and let me know what you think.
Beer Battered Fish Recipe
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 4 cups cooking oil
- 1 cup beer
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 piece raw egg
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Combine all the Fish Batter ingredients starting with the dry ingredients. Gradually add the wet ingredients then mix well. Set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a deep cooking pot or in a deep fryer
- Dip the tilapia fillets in Fish batter. Make sure that it is evenly coated.
- Deep fry in medium heat for about 7 to 10 minutes or until the color turns medium brown.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve with tartar sauce. Share and enjoy!