Dips are regulars in every party. There should be at least a dip for the chips and crackers that you are serving. Spinach Dip is one good dip for pita chips and crackers. This Easy Spinach Dip Recipe will show you how to easily make one.
This Easy Spinach Dip Recipe is so quick and easy. It does not need any cooking, just mix everything together and you are done. The best way to present Spinach Dip is to put it in a bread bowl. You can make one for yourself. All you need to do is buy a large sourdough and scrape the center to form a cavity. Fill the cavity with your spinach dip and serve with chips or crackers.
Although there are many ready-made spinach dips available, I still prefer making it from scratch. In this way, I am ensured that the ingredients are of best quality. I am also confident that there are lesser preservatives involved.
I have a piece of advice when handling the spinach. If you are using frozen spinach, make sure that you thaw it first before using. Once thawed, let all the liquid drain, and then squeezed the spinach to release the extra liquid that it is holding. Same thing goes for canned spinach. This Easy Spinach Dip Recipe recommends that you drain the water from the can and then squeeze the spinach to release the extra liquid.
Try this Easy Spinach Dip Recipe and let me know what you think.
Easy Spinach Dip Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 ounces water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 ounce vegetable soup mix
- 6 ounces chopped spinach (frozen or canned)
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Gently stir mix. Make sure that all the ingredients are well distributed.
- Place the bowl with the mixture inside the fridge. Let it stay for 2 hours.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or a bread bowl.
- Serve with your favorite chip, crackers, or bread.
Number of servings (yield): 4