Chicken Soup is not only delicious and comforting; it also has healing and soothing properties. This easy recipe will guide you in preparing your own chicken soup in no time.
For most of us, our parents often serve chicken soup when we are not feeling well. I remember always having this wonder soup when I have a flu, fever, or even simple nasal congestion. I can say that having chicken soup along with plenty of water and an ample rest time always works for me. The Filipino version of chicken soup also gives me comfort and it makes my taste buds happy.
This recipe is easy to follow. All you have to do is boil the chicken (with bones) along with the veggies until it becomes tender. The bones help add more flavor to the soup. Once the chicken becomes tender, the bones need to be removed and the meat shredded. This can be done by using your hands, but make sure that the chicken has cooled down. The last step is to put the shredded chicken and veggies back in the pot and cook for a few more minutes. Add water as necessary.
Try this Chicken Soup Recipe and let me know what you think.
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 cups rotini
- 3 medium carrots cut in half
- 5 celery stalks, Cut in half
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 quarts water
- Boil the water in a wide cooking pot.
- Put-in the chicken, carrots, celery, and onion. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables leaving the stock. Shred the meat of the chicken and discard the bones and then slice the carrots, celery, and onion.
- Put everything back in the cooking pot along with the chicken stock and then apply heat.
- Let the chicken stock re-boil (add a few cups of water, if necessary).
- Add the rotini pasta. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to individual bowls.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Note: Noodles are optional. You may add pre-cooked wide egg noodles or rotini if desired.