Tofu and Broccoli stir fry is a tasty dish that you can cook for lunch or dinner. The good thing about this recipe is its ease in preparation and the ingredients are readily available in most supermarkets.
As I mentioned, this dish is easy to make. All you need are slices of extra-firm tofu and broccoli florets. The tofu needs to be fried first until the texture of the outer part becomes crisp. Once this is done, you can stir-fry all the ingredients.
This is best served with rice. Any kind of rice will be a good fit. Sometimes I like it with steamed white rice, while there are days wherein I eat tofu and broccoli stir fry with brown rice. There are times when I crave for this dish along with Yang chow fried rice.
Try this Tofu and Broccoli Stir fry recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 8 oz. extra firm tofu, sliced in ½ inch thick pieces
- 3 cups sliced broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 6 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan and then pour-in 4 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- When the oil becomes hot, fry both sides of the sliced tofu until the texture becomes crisp (about 8 to 10 minutes per side)
- Remove the tofu from the pan and let cool. Slice into smaller rectangular pieces. Set aside.
- On a clean frying pan, heat the remaining oil.
- Sauté the garlic, ginger, and onion
- Add the fried tofu slices along with the oyster sauce. Stir.
- Put-in the broccoli florets. Stir and then cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to serving plate.
- Serve with rice. Share and enjoy!