Lemon Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting makes a good breakfast or snack. It tastes fresh and I think that it pairs well with hot tea.
Just like any other cupcake recipes, preparing Lemon Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting is relatively quick and easy as long as you have either a hand or stand mixer. All you have to do is to combine the ingredients by following the exact details in the recipe below.
As for the cream cheese frosting, we will use the recipe that we had for our chocolate cupcake. The good thing about frosting is you have leftovers, you can refrigerate it for a few days in time for your next cupcake project.
Try this Lemon Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- Zest and Juice from 1 lemon
- 1½ cups AP flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 pieces eggs
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 1¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ¾ cup Graham cracker crumbs
- Cream Cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, cream the butter and gradually add the sugar. Add-in the eggs and vanilla extract.Continue to beat until the texture becomes frothy.
- Gradually beat the flour and baking powder in. Add milk, lemon juice, and zest. Continue to beat until the texture becomes smooth.
- Arrange the paper cups on the muffin pans.
- Scoop the batter into the paper cups. Sprinkle some graham cracker crumbs on top.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Arrange the cupcakes over a wire rack to cool.
- Pipe-in the cream cheese frosting on top.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!