This ginger beef stir fry recipe is quick and easy. This can be prepared for your family for lunch. This recipe recommends the use of either beef tenderloin or sirloin because these cuts are the already tender, which means less cooking time. This is what stir fry is all about.
I like this recipe because it is straightforward. The dish has an oriental taste that can be best complimented with white rice. You can also refer to our simple beef stir fry for other options.
I suggest that you slice the beef as thin as possible if you want it tender and if you want to cook it faster. I also understand that some of you will try this recipe using other tougher cuts of beef. In anticipation on this possibility, try to add water to the beef and simmer it for at least 30 minutes so that it will be tender. It will not be a real stir-fry though, but at least you will enjoy the same good tasting dish with a meat that is not hard to chew.
Try this Ginger beef stir fry recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin, sliced
- 5 teaspoons rice vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch diluted in 3 tablespoons cold water
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Make the marinade by combining vinegar, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon ginger, honey, and cayenne pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Put the beef slices in the bowl with marinade. Make sure that the beef are coated properly. Cover the bowl with a cling wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Remove the beef from the fridge and wait until it reaches room temperature.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Once the oil is hot, gradually put-in the beef slices one batch at a time depending on the size of your wok. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove the beef and set aside.
- Using the remaining cooking oil in the pan, saute the garlic, remaining ginger, and scallions for 40 to 60 seconds.
- Add the beef back in the wok and pour-in the sesame oil. Add cumin, salt and pepper.Stir.
- Pour-in the cornstarch diluted in water. continue to stir fry for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!