Sayote Guisado with Chicken and Shrimp is another way of making ginisang sayote. This variation is cooked with chicken slices and shrimp and I intentionally added more broth so that it can be more enjoyable when eaten with rice.
This Filipino vegetable recipe is can be categorized as a quick and easy everyday meal. It is recommended to serve this with warm steamed white or brown rice. Aside from chicken and shrimp, you can also modify this to add other ingredients such as sliced pork, scallops, crab and almost any meat or seafood that you can think of.
Try this Sayote Guisado with Chicken and Shrimp Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 large chayote (sayote), cored and sliced
- 6 ounces boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 8 to 10 pieces medium shrimp, deveined, shell and head removed
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute the garlic and onion until the onion is soft.
- Add the chicken slices. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in 1 cup of chicken broth. Cover and let boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- At this point, the liquid should have been reduced to more than half. Put-in the chayote. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour-in the remaining chicken broth. Let boil and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!