Tuna melt sandwich makes a perfect lunch or breakfast. Besides being one of the best tuna sandwiches around, Tuna melt sandwich is quick and easy to prepare. This is ideal for busy people who do not want to sacrifice the quality of their food.
I love to have sandwiches for lunch and this type of sandwich is a regular treat in lunch bag, of course there are the usual fruits such as bananas, apples, and/or oranges.
I’m sure that you will all agree on my statement on how quick and easy it is to make your own tuna melt sandwich. It only took me less than 10 minutes to complete everything.
Aside from the listed ingredients in the recipe below, you may also add minced celery. This give the tuna mixture a good crunch and it also improves the flavor.
Any brand of Swiss cheese will do. It is always best to use your favorite/trusted brand. You can melt the cheese by toasting the sandwich in the skillet, as indicated in the recipe, or by toasting the whole sandwich in an oven toaster.
Try this Tuna Melt Sandwich Recipe. Let me know what you think!
- 10 ounces Albacore Tuna (in can), drained
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 4 to 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 6 bread slices
- 6 thick slices, Swiss cheese
- salt to taste
- Combine the drained tuna, onion, pickle relish, and mayonnaise in a medium bowl. Gently mix the ingredients.
- Use a small teaspoon to taste the mixture. Add salt as needed. Mix well.
- Arrange the cheese on top of one slice of bread. Top with ⅓ of the tuna mixture. Place another slice of cheese on top of the tuna mixture, and then top with the second bread slice. Do this step until all 3 sandwiches are assembled.
- Heat a skillet. Put one tuna sandwich on the heated skillet and let one side cook for 1 to 3 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt. Flip the sandwich to toast the other side.
- Remove the sandwich from the skillet. Slice in half.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!