Rotisserie Chicken Arroz Caldo Recipe is my other version of arroz caldo in which I use pre-cooked chicken, instead of the usual raw chopped chicken.
This recipe calls for rotisserie chicken or lechon manok. You can use left overs of freshly cooked chicken for this recipe. Using cooked chicken will save you time and it will also infuse flavor to your arroz caldo dish.
I discovered that using lechon manok will give your arroz caldo a smoky flavor, which compliments well with the other ingredients. Rotisserie chicken, on the other hand, provides a yummy roast chicken flavor that blends well with the ginger.
I am using Jasmine rice for this recipe. You can use other rice varieties , but I do not recommend the use of glutinous rice (malagkit), as it will have a different texture. If you insist in using glutinous rice, make sure to add more water to balance the consistency. You will enjoy this dish with some chopped scallions, toasted garlic, and a slice of lemon or calamansi.
Try this Rotisserie Chicken Arroz Caldo Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- ½ rotisserie chicken or lechon manok, cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup uncooked Jasmin rice
- 1 thumb ginger, peeled and julienned
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- a pinch of saffron (or safflower)
- 3 stalks scallions, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced crosswise
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large cooking pot.
- Saute the onion until the texture becomes soft.
- Add the ginger and garlic powder. Shake-in some ground black pepper. Continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Put-in the chicken and rice. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in chicken broth and water. Let boil.
- Adjust the heat between low and medium. Stir. Cover while stirring every 5 minutes. Continue to cook for the next 35 to 44 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- Add-in a pinch of saffron or safflower (kasubha). Shake-in some salt and pepper to taste. You can also use fish sauce as a replacement for salt. stir.
- Transfer to a bowl. Top with a slice of lemon and some chopped scallions.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!