There is no doubt that chicken barbecue is really delicious. The secret to a yummy chicken barbecue is not only in the sauce, but also in the marinade. I have a good recipe for barbecue chicken marinade that I have been using for a while. This recipe for barbecue chicken marinade has always produced great tasting barbecue chicken!
Some of you might be making your barbecue chicken or chicken barbecue right on the spot using only barbecue sauce for basting. While this method is acceptable to some, I personally make sure that I soak the chicken in any marinade for at least 3 hours (but I use this Recipe for Barbecue Chicken Marinade 60% of the time). This will make the chicken more flavorful because the marinade (which is the source of flavor) is absorbed by the meat. This will mean that your chicken will be taste both inside and out, whereas using barbecue sauce to baste without marinating will only provide flavor on the outside. Smoking chicken is an entirely different thing though. The rub for the chicken is enough because there is ample time in the smoking process for the chicken to absorb all the flavor from the rub.
The next time you think of making Chicken Barbecue, try this recipe for Barbecue Chicken Marinade.
- 12 oz. Lemon lime soda (Sprite or 7-Up)
- ½ cup dark soy sauce
- 1 large lemon
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, Combine soy sauce, juice of 1 lemon, salt, red chili flakes, ground black pepper, and garlic
- powder. Stir and mix well.
- Pour-in the lemon lime soda. Stir.
- You can use this to marinate chicken barbecue right on the spot, or you can place this inside the fridge for a day. Make sure to stir again before using.