Sausage and Egg Casserole with Hash Browns is perfect as a heavy breakfast. It is delicious and will provide you with all the energy that you need to start-up your day.
Another thing that I like about making breakfast casseroles is that I do not to be in front of the stove all the time to prepare the ingredients individually. I mean, making breakfast sausage and frying eggs or making an omelet, and making hash browns for breakfast might sound simple. However, doing all these things at the same time or consecutively requires your constant attention. The next time you realized that you are already tired and hope that everything will be cooked soon — not to mention the mess that you will need to clean-up. Doing breakfast casseroles such as Sausage and Egg Casserole with Hash Browns is less tedious because all the ingredients are combined in one dish and left inside the oven to bake. This also reduces the mess in the kitchen.
I like this Sausage and Egg Casserole with Hash Browns because it is really good. I love to have this with ketchup, and sometimes with Hollandaise. The good thing about this dish is that I can pair it with bread such as Croissant or an ordinary loaf, and I can even it this with Sinangag to give my breakfast a little Filipino twist.
Try this Sausage and Egg Casserole with Hash Browns Recipe. Enjoy!
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ pound bulk pork sausage
- 1½ cups hash browns
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the sausage in a pan until it turns light to medium brown. Drain the liquid and oil. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Stir-in the milk, cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the cooked sausage and hash browns. Stir to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Pour the mixture in a baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!