I enjoyed eating this Italian Sausage Pasta. It is a tasty pasta dish that is not complicated to prepare. Being a fan of grilled sausage (with peppers and onion), I really liked the outcome of this pasta dish. I think that the sausage and marinara sauce was a good combination — the smoky flavor from the grilled sausage made it even better.
I always keep a large bottle of my homemade marinara sauce in the fridge so that I have a ready-made pasta sauce when I felt like eating pasta. In this case, all I need to do is to grill the sausage, cook the spaghetti, and assemble everything together.
Cooking spaghetti is simple; all I did was follow the package instructions. Grilling the sausage is a bit tricky. We don’t want to grill the sausages over high heat because the skin will get burnt quickly while leaving the center of the sausage raw. There are quite a few methods in cooking sausages, and what I had in the recipe below is to directly grill it in low heat. It takes about 15 to 25 minutes to completely cook the Italian sausage. I recommend not to puncture the sausage while grilling because you lose the flavor once the juice comes out. Be patient and wait for it to cook completely.
I like to top my Italian Sausage Pasta with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
Try this Italian Sausage Pasta Recipe. Cheers!
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles
- 4 pieces Italian Sausage
- 5 to 6 cups marinara sauce
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the spaghetti noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat-up the grill and start grilling the Italian sausage in low heat. Grill the sausages until the inside is completely cooked (around 15 to 25 minutes).
- Remove the sausage from the grill. Let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice the sausages diagonally.
- Make the marinara sauce by following this marinara sauce recipe. Once the sauce is ready, add the sliced sausage and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Add additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Arrange the spaghetti noodles in a pasta bowl. Top with marinara sauce with Italian sausage.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil and Parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!