Ginisang Pusit is a quick and simple sautéed squid recipe that anyone can easily make. The secret to a good ginisang pusit is in the quality of the ingredients: using fresh squid is highly recommended, along with the use of fresh vegetables.
Ginisang Pusit has been my go to dish every time I get the chance to source fresh small to medium sized squid. I find it perfect with warm steamed white rice. I cannot really think of any dish that goes along with ginisang pusit because it is complete as it is.
It will take a quick 15 to 20 minutes to completely make your own ginisang pusit from start to finish. If you are busy or in a hurry, this ginisang pusit recipe should be handy.
Try this Ginisang Pusit Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 lbs. medium squid, cleaned and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ cup water
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or sauté pan.
- Saute the onion, garlic, and tomato.
- Once the onion gets soft, add the squid. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Put-in the fish sauce and water. Stir. Continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the ground black pepper and adjust the taste by adding more fish sauce, only if needed.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!