I consider Corned Beef Omelet or Tortang Corned Beef as a power breakfast food; it is a complete meal by itself. The fact that it is more than enough to give me energy and keep me full until lunchtime is a good thing. What makes this dish better is that it tastes really good too and can be best eaten with your favorite sides or with rice and bread.
Preparing your own Corned Beef Omelet is easy. All you need is to make Corned Beef and Potato Casserole first then the rest of the steps should be a breeze. Just to clarify, we are using canned corned beef for this recipe, not Irish corned beef (which tastes great with cabbage).
Once you are done in making the Corned Beef and Potato Casserole, all you have to do is beat the eggs and add the salt, pepper, and onion powder. Let the corned beef cool down before you mix it with the beaten eggs. Everything is smooth sailing from here – I use a measuring cup to scoop the mixture and pour it in the frying pan. Simply wait a few minutes for the bottom side of the omelet to completely cook, and then flip the omelet using a spatula to cook the opposite side.
I like to have my corned beef omelet as it is with tomato ketchup as a condiment. You can also make a corned beef omelet sandwich if you prefer.
Try this Corned Beef Omelet Recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 serving Corned Beef and Potato Casserole
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Cooking oil or cooking oil spray
- Prepare the corned beef by following the Corned Beef and Potato Casserole recipe. The link is provided in the ingredients section. 1 serving is equal to the exact amount of ingredients provided in the recipe.
- Crack the eggs and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the salt, pepper, and onion powder. Beat the egg well until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour the Corned beef and potato casserole that you just made to the mixing bowl with the egg mixture. Stir to mix the ingredients. Make sure that the corned beef has cooled down before you execute this step.
- Heat a frying pan. Add 1 tablespoon cooking oil or use a cooking oil spray and spray oil on the pan.
- Scoop around ½ to ¾ cups of the corned beef and egg mixture and pour in the pan. Cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Use a spatula to flip the omelet and cook the other side for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!