Ranch Dressing has always been my favorite for salads and even dips. It goes well with buffalo chicken wings, French fries, and even a stick of celery; it also make potato chips taste more exciting. While there are many kinds ranch dressings available in the supermarket, nothing beats homemade ranch dressing because it is has less preservatives and it can be more delicious – and this ranch dressing recipe is all that you need to make your own delicious ranch dressing.
So, what makes a ranch dressing taste special? I think this question should be changed to “Who” instead of what because this can only be made special by the person making it, and that person is YOU. I can only suggest ingredients and procedures on how to make dishes or dressings, for this matter, but it will be up to you to decide if you like it. You can always modify my suggestions to come-up with a more special version that corresponds to your taste. I know that I said too much already, but let me point out that this ranch dressing will be more special because you will make it (and you did not just bought any ready to eat dressing from the supermarket).
This basic homemade ranch dressing tastes better than any ranch dressing that I got from the grocery. It also tasted fresh because of the chives and dill. I had my kids and my mom taste the actual ranch dressing that you see in the picture, and they all liked it. In fact, I got more compliments on the dressing than the onion rings and curly fries that I served with it.
I think that adding a bit of Sriracha sauce (Asian hot sauce) made this ranch dressing stand out; spicy ranch is better, as far as I am concerned.
Try this Homemade Ranch Dressing Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, and buttermilk in a bowl.
- Add vinegar, Sriracha sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Put-in the chopped chives and dill. Mix well.
- Place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour. Tranfer to a serving bowl.
- serve with onion rings, fries, potato chips, potato wedges or buffalo chicken wings.
- Share and enjoy!