I am a fan of Fried Rice. One version that I like most is the Filipino Fried Rice (sinangag). Yang Chow Fried Rice and Adobo Fried Rice are also on the top of my favorite fried rice list. Our featured fried rice recipe, Shrimp Fried Rice, is also something that I often make for breakfast or lunch when I have tiny shrimp available.
This Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe makes use of little frozen shrimp. I like to use these types of shrimp because these are tastier compared to the larger varieties. I also like the idea that these are cheaper, most of the time. Shrimp fried rice also makes use of frozen green peas, carrots, and butter.
Preparing Shrimp Fried Rice is quick and easy. I use leftover white rice if I can, and I make sure that the rice variety is not sticky; long grain rice works best for me. I simple mash the rice gently using my hands and add some garlic, onion powder and some salt. Instead of using oil, I use butter for this recipe.
Butter is an important ingredient for shrimp fried rice, but you have to understand that there is a proper way to handle butter so that it can be in harmony with the other ingredients. Butter should also be cooked in low to medium heat to prevent it from getting burnt. The peas and carrots are great additions that make this fried rice dish taste and look better.
You may also want to refer to this Shrimp and Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe to have more options.
Do you have your version of Shrimp fried rice? How do you prepare it?
Try this Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- ¾ cup frozen green peas
- ¾ cup frozen small shrimp (with no shell)
- ½ cup carrot, diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Combine the rice, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder Gently mix to blend all the ingredients.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Once the butter starts to get hot (make sure not to get the butter very hot), put-in green peas and carrots. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Put the shrimp in the wok and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rice mixture. Cook for 10 minutes in medium heat while tossing once in a while. Make sure to toss the ingredients while cooking to blend them properly.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve for breakfast or lunch with your favorite dish.
- Share and enjoy!