Bok Choy Guisado is a simple bok choy dish with shrimp and pork. This dish is ideal for ordinary days wherein you want to enjoy something simple yet delicious. It is best served with white rice and with additional fish sauce with chili pepper on the side.
I started out by preparing the ingredients. I chopped the bok choy into small pieces then I started to slice the pork the same way. The shrimp that I used for this recipe are frozen shrimp that were already deveined, shelled, and head was removed — it saved me a bit of time. I also added chicken stock to this recipe to add flavor to the dish.
Aside from this recipe, there are more ways to cook bok choy. Check it out.
Try this delicious Bok choy Guisado Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 4 cups chopped baby bok choy
- 10 pieces shrimp, shell and head removed
- ¼ lb. pork, sliced into small pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the cooking oil in a cooking pan or wide cooking pot.
- Once the oil is hot, saute the garlic and onion.
- Add the pork. Cook for 10 minutes or until medium brown.
- Put-in the shrimp. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the bok choy. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour-in the chicken broth, fish sauce, and ground black pepper. Let boil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with white rice.
- Share and enjoy!