Pork Giniling Kaldereta is a simple dish that you can make for lunch or dinner. If you like pork giniling and if you are a fan of kaldereta at the same time, this recipe is perfect for you. This dish is a crossover of these dishes. It can be eaten with plain white rice or with pandesal.
I just had this dish for dinner tonight and I really enjoyed it. I plan to save the leftovers for tomorrow. I am thinking of making meat rolls and this will be a perfect filling.
You will notice that I did not use potato in this recipe. It is a matter of preference on my end. This means that you can add potato if you like. 1 large baking potato (sliced into cubes) is enough. Add it along with the carrots if you decide to have it.
Follow the recipe below and you should be on the right track. By the way, I had a piece of pork cube in the recipe. This helps improve the flavor. Most of you won’t have this ingredient. In this case, use beef cube or beef powder; you can also use beef broth. If using beef broth, add ½ cup of broth and omit the water.
Try this Pork Giniling Kaldereta Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1½ lbs. ground pork
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, cubed
- ¼ cup liver spread
- ¼ cup green olives
- 1 piece pork cube
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan or cooking pot.
- Once the oil turns hot, saute the garlic and onion.
- Let the onion get soft then add the ground pork. Cook while stirring once in a while until the pork turns light to medium brown.
- Add the pork cube and liver spread. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour-in the tomato sauce. Stir. Add water and cover. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add crushed red peppers, carrots and olives. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Stir-in the bell peppers. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and continue to cook until the liquid evaporates.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with white rice.
- Share and enjoy!