Hashbrown Casserole makes a perfect breakfast especially if there are a couple of sausage links or even bacon strips. This recipe might not be like what Cracker Barrel has, but it sure is as good as it. What makes it interesting is the idea that you can make one in the comfort of your own kitchen.
There were some leftover and I decided to consume it for lunch. I realized that it was perfect with Beef and Mushroom Braised Stew. Both dishes compliment each other and I had a very satisfying meal.
This dish will also be good if you add cooked pork sausage in the mix. It can be a complete breakfast meal in itself. Of course, there is always room for an extra piece of egg on top. I have a post about 10 simple ways to cook an egg, you may get some idea from it.
Try this Hashbrown Casserole Recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. package shredded hashbrown potato
- 5 oz. (half a can) cream of chicken
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1½ cup sour cream
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A dash of ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan. Once the oil gets hot, add the onion. Continue to cook the onion in medium heat while stirring until caramelized.
- Meanwhile, combine shredded hash brown, cream of chicken, butter, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Add sour cream and caramelized onion.
- Mix well then arrange in a baking pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and it cool down. Serve. Share and enjoy!