Crispy Pata Sisig is a dish that I came-up with using the leftover crispy pata that we had a day before. Since I will feel guilty if I consume the entire crispy pig leg, I opted to just indulge on a safe portion of it then kept what’s left in the fridge. The crispy pata was really good and the skin was very crispy.
The leftover crispy pata is was not crisp at all since it was in the fridge for quite a while. However, the flavor was still intact. I thought of making something out of the meat and skin and leverage on the flavor that the meat already had — and making a sisig out of what I have seemed to be the easiest. I started out by removing the meat from the bone and chopping it into pieces. I also utilized my handy food processor to mince the pork and chillies. This saved me a lot of time and effort.
I added chopped chicken liver to the recipe to provide a rich taste to the dish and make this sisig version taste even better. The chicken liver was cooked along with the chopped onion using margarine. I was happy with the outcome of this dish.
Try this spicy and delicious Crispy Pata Sisig Recipe. Send us your feedback.
- 1 lb. leftover crispy pata meat, bone removed
- 8 pieces spicy red chilies
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- ½ teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped chicken liver
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- Combine the vinegar and sugar. Mix well. Arrange the pork in a bowl then pour the mixture. Let its stay for 30 minutes.
- Arrange the pork and chillies (with vinegar) in a food processor. Pulse until the meat and chillies are minced uniformly.
- Transfer the minced pork and chillies in a bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter or margarine in a pan. Saute the onion. Once the onion gets soft, add the chopped chicken liver. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the minced pork and chili, onion powder, ground black pepper, and salt. Cook while stirring for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!