Sausage, Liver, and Pork Stew is perfect for all occasions; it can also be served during regular days when you feel like preparing something nice and special. This dish is similar to pork menudo and can be enjoyed anytime of the day.
I used Kielbasa sausage for this recipe because there is a nice flavor to it that makes this dish stand out. The pork and pig liver also contributes to make the this dish taste delightful. You can use chorizo or even beef franks and hotdogs as an alternative to sausage; either way, it will still be great.
I thought that the bell pepper contributed in the success of this dish. It also has certain health benefits that we can take advantage of (see this article). The potato, green peas, and carrots blended well with the rest of the ingredients, as expected.
Try this Sausage, Liver, and Pork Stew Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 large Kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 1½ lb pork, cubed
- ¼ lb. pig liver, cubed
- 1 large baking potato, cubed
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- ¾ cup frozen green peas
- ½ cup carrot, cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2½ cups beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a cooking pot.
- Once the oil gets hot, brown the pork.
- Add the onion and garlic. Saute until the onion gets soft.
- Stir-in the sausage. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the pig liver. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste. Stir. Pour-in the beef broth. Let boil. Cover and simmer until the pork is tender (around 40 to 60 minutes). You can add more beef broth if needed.
- Add the potato, green peas, carrots, and ref bell pepper. Stir and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: