This is a simple Ginisang Tuna Recipe that will give you a delicious fresh tasting dish that can be topped with mixed greens and eaten as a salad; it can also be mixed with mayonnaise and enjoyed like a tuna salad sandwich. Another option is to do what I did — have it with warm rice and a saucer of spicy patis. Yummy!
This is the kind of dish that I make when pressed for time because it is easy to prepare and does not consume much time. For example, you can make this dish if you have limited time to prepare your lunch for work; all you need to do is decide what this dish will become later: a salad, sandwich, or a main dish – and grab the necessary items to complete your meal. This also works the same for dinner when you are tired and hungry, but needed a quick meal. Leftovers (if there will be some) can be made into tuna frittata. Nothing is waster here.
I used Solid White Albacore Tuna in water for this tuna recipe. It was the bigger can (12 oz.). You can also use regular canned tuna in water or in oil. This can be kept in the fridge for a day or two. Make sure to place it in a covered container to avoid contamination.
Try this Ginisang Tuna (Canned Albacore Tuna Sauteed with Onions) Recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 (12 oz.) can Solid White Albacore Tuna in water
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 piece lime
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Open the canned tuna and discard water.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Once the oil gets hot, saute the onion for 1 minute.
- Add the Albacore tuna. Continue to saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth in the pan. Stir. Cover and cook in medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until it almost evaporates. You can add more broth if needed.
- Add parsley, salt, and ground black pepper. Squeeze the lime over the tuna. Stir.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!