Mung Bean Sprouts with Shrimp is a simple version of Ginisang Togue. This dish is healthy, delicious, and easy to prepare. This can be cooked for lunch during ordinary days. It can even be converted into a mid-afternoon snack (meryenda) by using it as a filling for lumpiang togue.
This dish can further be enhanced by adding sliced of fried tofu and strips of bell pepper. I like to have this simply as it is with a few drops of fish sauce.
When cooking mung bean sprouts with shrimp, the shrimp needs to be cooked first. Do this by heating enough oil in a pan and then saute the shrimp for a few minutes. You can sprinkle salt and pepper on it while cooking. Once cooked, set it aside and continue to cook the veggies starting with garlic and onions, followed by the bean sprouts, carrots, and cabbage. The scallion goes last along with the shrimp.
Try this Mung Bean Sprouts with Shrimp Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- ½ lb. fresh mung bean sprouts, cleaned
- ½ lb. medium shrimp, shell removed
- 1 small carrot, julienne
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 5 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the shrimp. Saute for 1 minute. Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper. Continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and put in a clean plate. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the remaining oil.
- Saute garlic and onion until soft.
- Add the mung bean sprouts, carrot, and cabbage. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put the cooked shrimp back in the pan. Stir.
- Add the scallions. Continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!