Chewy coconut macaroons are good to have for dessert. It is delicious and guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth. The most important thing about this recipe that I like most is its ease of preparation. It is also quick to make.
I started by beating the egg. This recipe only calls for a piece egg. The condensed milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract were added afterwards and then whisked until well blended. I only used 7 ounces of condensed milk. This is equivalent to half a can. If you are wondering what to do with the remaining condensed milk that won’t get used, I suggest that you make some pastillas de leche; just make half the amount that the recipe suggests.
Once the mixture is ready, I added the desiccated coconut and salt and then folded the mixture using a silicon spatula until all the ingredients are distributed evenly. DsThe process takes less than 10 minutes. Make sure that your oven has been preheated before you start.
Desiccated coconut pertains to shredded (or grated) coconut meat that has been dehydrated. This are commonly used in baking and are available in many forms. We need sweetened shredded desiccated coconut for this recipe. If the sweetened variety is not available, you can still make coconut macaroons by adding 2 tablespoons of either white or brown sugar.
If you want your coconut macaroons a bit buttery, please check out this recipe.
Try this chewy coconut macaroons recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 7 ounces shredded sweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 egg
- 7 ounces condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat the egg in a mixing bowl. Add butter, vanilla extract, and condensed milk. Whisk until well blended.
- Add the desiccated coconut and salt. Fold until the mixture is distributed.
- Arrange mini baking cups on a mini muffin pan. Scoop around 1 tablespoon of mixture and place it into each baking cup.
- Put the muffin pan in the oven. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool down.
- Transfer to a plate. Serve for dessert.
- Share and enjoy