Ensaldang Mangga or Green Mango Salad makes a good side dish for fried or grilled food. It is best eaten with white rice. I personally consider this as an appetite booster because I seem to eat more than the usual when it is around.
There are two dishes that I can immediately think about when I see green mango salad: fried fish and grilled pork. I have this most of the time with fried pompano and galunggong. Fried fish might be a simple dish, but it becomes extra ordinary when eaten with ensaladang mangga.
Enasaladang mangga is very easy to make. Use your favorite variety of unripe mango and slice into cubes. Do the same with the onion and ripe tomato. As for the shrimp paste, you can make your own (see this bagoong recipe) or purchase sauteed bagoong by the bottle from the supermarket.
Try this Ensaladang Mangga (Green Mango Salad) Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 medium green mangoes, peeled and sliced into cubes
- 3 medium tomato, cubed
- 1 medium white or red onion, cubed
- Juice from 1 lime or 2 pieces calamansi (optional)
- 4 to 5 tablespoons shrimp paste (bagoong alamang)
- Combine mango, onion, and tomato in a bowl.
- Pour calamansi or lime juice and then add shrimp paste.
- Toss until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Top with more shrimp paste if desired.
- Serve with with your favorite fried or grilled food.
- Share and enjoy!