Grilled Liempo with Fried Tofu is just like sinuglaw and tokwat baboy. It is a combination of two proteins which are tossed in a mix of spiced vinegar. It can be enjoyed either as pulutan or as a main dish with rice.
I had this as a main dish with half a cup of rice. I was able to control my rice intake because I got full quickly for having more tofu. It is probably a good thing because I am ingesting more protein than carbs.
This dish is easy to prepare and I enjoyed every bite. The combination of all the ingredients worked well in a harmonious way.
The grilled liempo was prepared using my inihaw na liempo recipe. If you have not tried it yet, I suggest that you do it one of these days. You will love it. As for the tofu, I deep fried some extra-firm tofu and cut it into cubes. Both ingredients are tossed in a spiced vinegar mix (see recipe below) before serving.
If you have questions, suggestions, of feedback, let me know. Enjoy!
Try this Grilled Liempo with Fried Tofu Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 lb. grilled liempo, chopped
- 6 ounces deep fried extra firm tofu, cubed
- Spiced Vinegar
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- 4 pieces chili peppers
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- • ½ teaspoon granulated white sugar
- • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- • A dash of ground black pepper
- Prepare the spiced vinegar by combining all of its ingredients listed above. Stir and ensure that it gets well blended.
- Place the chopped pork belly and cubed fried tofu in a large bowl. Pour the spiced vinegar into the bowl. Toss until pork and tofu gets completely coated.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle green onions on top.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!