One of the simple meals that I grew up eating was Ginisang Repolyo with Giniling and a cup of warm white rice. Although this dish is not fancy at all, I enjoy eating it because it tastes good and it increases my appetite. Sometimes, I will have this with crispy fried galunggong. Life might be simple, but it is good.
When I moved here in the US, this dish has been a staple in our household (aside from my all-time favorite menudo). Ginisang repolyo with giniling is perfect to have for lunch and it goes well with warm rice.
I’m having a bit of issue though with regards to this dish being a great match with rice because I tend to eat more of the latter. This is the reason why I usually eat this for lunch (I want my dinner meal to be as light as possible). Whatever is left behind can be eaten for breakfast paired with tuyo.
This dish can be made with any type of cabbage. I used green cabbage for this recipe. Savoy and Napa cabbage works well too. If you want to be unique, you can use red cabbage. Bok choy is also a good alternative since it is also categorized as cabbage. If you use it though, your dish will be more of ginisang pechay with giniling.
What do you think is the best food to partner to eat with ginisang repolyo?
Try this Ginisang Reployo with Giniling Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 6 ounces ground pork
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cubed
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Saute garlic until it turns light brown.
- Add the onion and tomato. Continue to cook until soft.
- Put the ground pork into the pot. Cook until the color turns light brown.
- Pour chicken broth and let boil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and cabbage. Cover and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and ground black pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!