Special Pork Kaldereta is a mainstay during Noche Buena in our family. I started serving this when we were still in the Philippines, and we are still extending the tradition here in the US. We all know that Pork Kaldereta is already good on its basic form. However, I want it to be special by adding some Manzanilla olives and cheese. The olives provide a bit of sour and salty taste, while the cheese gives it a bit of richness. These ingredients compliments the dish and makes it taste even better.
Everyone in the family enjoys this dish. We like how tender the pork was and how crisp and fresh were the vegetables. The sauce was very tasty and I cannot get enough of it. It was really and outstanding dish, in my opinion.
When making pork kaldereta, I use pork shoulder because it contains a bit of fat that helps keep the meat moist. It is important to cook the meat until it gets very tender for a more pleasurable experience. This can be done by cooking the meat in low heat for 40 minutes to 1 hour (or so) depending on the quality of the meat. On the the other hand, the vegetables should not be overcooked so that you are able to enjoy its natural taste in every bite.
Just like everyone else, I like my kaldereta to be tasty and delicious. The flavor of the pork should stand out. This is the reason why I use Knorr Pork Cube because it brings out that nice porky taste that makes my dish taste better.
Try this Special Pork Kaldereta Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 lbs. Pork shoulder, cut into cubes
- 1 Knorr Pork Cube
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced into squares
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced into squares
- ½ cup Manzanilla olives
- ¼ cup liver spread
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 small baking potato, cubed
- 1 medium carrot, cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat cooking oil in a cooking pot.
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Once the onion starts to get transparent, add the pork. Saute until the color if the meat gets light brown.
- Pour tomato sauce into the cooking pot and then add water. Let boil.
- Add Knorr Pork Cube. Stir. Cover and cook between low and medium heat until the pork becomes tender.
- Add carrots and olives. Cover. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add potato and bell peppers. Stir.
- Put the liver spread into the pot. Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add salt and ground black pepper. Stir.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with shredded cheese.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!