Creamy Chicken with Mushroom is a rich chicken dish that you can prepare for yourself and your family for dinner. This can be easily prepared in less than 30 minutes. It goes well with biscuit or mashed potato.
This recipe is simple and makes use of ingredients that are easy to find. You will need skinless and boneless chicken breast for this recipe, along with a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, heavy cream, and sliced mushrooms. This dish will taste even better if you top it with sour cream and cheese.
Try this Creamy Chicken with Mushroom Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Creamy Chicken with Mushroom Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 cup sliced white mushroom
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can condense cream of mushroom
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a pan and then add the olive oil.
- Pan-fry the chicken until the color turns light brown.
- Put-in the rosemary. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cream of mushroom and chicken broth. Stir and let boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the liquid reduces.
- Put-in the mushroom and heavy whipping cream. Continue cooking for 3 to 5 minutes,
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with sour cream and cheese.
- Serve with mashed potato. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4
Still thinking on what to cook for lunch or dinner? We suggest this Delicious Creamy Chicken Breast. This dish has an awesome taste and it can be eaten with bread or rice, depending on your preference.
If you liked Chicken ala King, you will love this Creamy Chicken Breast, without a doubt. Although there are some differences in terms of the ingredients and manner of cooking, they both share this rich, creamy, and delicious flavor.
In order to maintain the richness of this dish, it is advised to use heavy whipping cream or all-purpose cream. If in case these ingredients are not available, try diluting some flour in fresh milk. The mushrooms and scallions play a great role in providing additional flavor. This dish will not be the same without them.
For the best possible results, we suggest that you simmer it until the sauce reduces and becomes thicker.
Try this Creamy Chicken Breast Recipe and let me know your thoughts.
Creamy Chicken Breast Recipe
- 1 lb chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups white or crimini mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1/8 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Season chicken with salt and ground blackpepper. Let is stay for 10 minutes.
- Heat a pan, and then pour-in olive oil.
- Put-in the chicken and cook in medium heat for 8 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken and place in a clean plate. Meanwhile, saute onions for 2 minutes on the same pan.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour-in white wine. Let the liquid reduce, and then pour-in chicken broth or stock.
- Let boil. Put the chicken back in.
- Add heavy cream. Stir.
- Add chopped scallions. Cook for a minute more.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4