Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese frosting is an extended pineapple upside down cake recipe. This has the same good flavor of the later enhanced by the richness of the cream cheese frosting and the delicious taste of chopped walnuts.
Preparing pineapple cake is not complicated. You should be able to successfully make one for yourself if you stick to the recipe. As for the cream cheese frosting, I used the same cream cheese from our carrot cake recipe. I like it because I thought that it had the right amount of sweetness.
Note that before applying any icing or frosting on any cake, make sure that the cake is not hot or the frosting will melt instantly. It will also help if you refrigerate the cake for a few hours after applying the frosting or icing. After all, it is always nice to eat chilled cake.
You should enjoy dessert by indulging in your own creations. It feels good to accomplish something that awesome such as making yourself this luscious pineapple cake.
Try this Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe. Let me know what you think.
Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) Pineapple Slices
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 5 pieces Maraschino cherries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the brown sugar and melted butter. Stir.
- Pour the mixture on a deep cake pan. Spread.
- Arrange the slices of pineapple over the mixture. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the AP flour, white sugar, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Mix well.
- Beat the eggs using an electric mixer. Gently pour-in the milk and then add the shortening.
- Gradually whisk-in the mixture of dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter on the cake pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool down.
- Separate the cake from the cake pan by inserting an icing spatula on the side of the cake.Gently move the spatula arount the cake pan to let the cake loose.
- Flip the cake pan to let the cake loose and then securely place the cake on top of a plate or cake stand.
- Apply the cream cheese frosting and chopped walnuts over the frosting.
- Put the cherries in the center of each slice pineapple.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!